Table of Contents
Today we released version 3.13 of our Amazon WordPress plugin which is available for download now. This update comes along with our new database garbage collection which helps to reduce your database load and Amazon API requests.
Here are the Highlights of this Plugin Update
Database Garbage Collection
From now on, the plugin automatically takes care that old and thus no longer needed products and lists are regularly removed from the database. This function helps to reduce the load on your database and also ensures that the Amazon API’s request limits are not exceeded.
The Database Garbage Collection is activated by default, but can be disabled via plugin settings as shown below.
More details about this feature can be found in this documentation article.
Affiliate ID for Credits
As a member of our affiliate partner program, you will receive a commission for every new AAWP customer you refer. If you wish, you can now enter your affiliate ID into a setting field, which will be taken for the link generated by the credits functionality.
Finally, here’s the complete changelog for this update:
Version 3.13 (17th August 2020)
- New: Introducing our “Database Garbage Collection” which regularly cleans up your products and lists database tables (view documentation)
- New: As an affiliate, you can now enter your affiliate id on the settings page (tab “general”) which will be taken for the credits link
- Tweak: Removed deprecated and no longer internal functions
- Updated translation files
- WordPress v5.5 compatibility