Table of Contents
It’s easy to forget that Amazon is a content platform. As the largest online retailer in the world, Amazon has more than 90 million users and sells more than 5 billion items. But with so much content being created each day, how does one stand out from the crowd? The answer: Influencer marketing.
Influencers are bloggers who have built up a large following on social media sites like Instagram and Youtube by consistently posting high-quality content that engages their audience.
Because they have such an active community following them, they can be used as brand ambassadors for certain products or services. Influencers can do everything from making sponsored posts about products to simply mentioning something in passing while talking about their latest trip abroad or cooking experiment gone wrong (that's what makes them great).
Understanding How the Amazon Influencer Program Works
No matter if you’re a blogger or a YouTuber, the Amazon Influencer Program will enable you to earn money from your content. However, there are a few conditions that must be met before you become eligible for the program. This includes having a decent number of followers on your social media channel. Amazon doesn’t stipulate the exact minimum, although people recommend anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000. But Amazon does go beyond these basic numbers and considers many other factors.
Once approved, Amazon will pay influencers based on how many people click on their links and make purchases through them. This is done by tracking each purchase made after viewing an Amazon link embedded in your video or post as well as tracking how many people visit and spend time on your site after visiting an Amazon link in it.
Who Is Able to Qualify for the Amazon Influencer Program?
If you have a following on social media, it may be a good idea to look into the Amazon Influencer Program. It can help you reach more customers and earn money from your existing audience. The program also helps you promote products on your social media channels, which gives them exposure and boosts sales. However, not all influencers qualify for this program due to specific requirements set forth by Amazon. If you're interested in being considered for the Amazon Influencer Program, here's what you need to know about qualifying:
Have a significant number of followers on your social media channel
Amazon doesn’t state the exact number of followers you need, but while some people recommend a basic minimum of 1,000, others recommend being above 10,000 on any single social media channel.
What does it mean to have a “social media channel?” It means that you should use one platform (social media site) to share content related to your topic and engage with your target audience on a consistent basis. For example, if you are an expert in computer programming and want to start posting videos on YouTube about how to build an app from scratch using Python, then having an account on YouTube would be enough – as long as it meets the minimum recommended requirement of 10k subscribers or more at this time (and hopefully will in the future).
Maintain an active audience engagement
One of the most important parts of the Amazon Influencer Program is engagement. This means that if you have an audience engagement score above 50, then you are eligible for this program. The more engaged your audience is with your content, the better chance you have at being selected by Amazon to become an influencer.
The way to improve engagement is through creating high-quality content that adds value to people's lives and helps them solve problems they may be having in their everyday lives. It also helps if you engage with other influencers' content or respond to any comments that mention your name – these things help build trust within your community so everyone will know what kind of person they're dealing with when interacting with them on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
Post content regularly
To be eligible for Amazon Influencer, you must consistently post content to your social media accounts. The specific amount of posts required varies based on the number of followers you have. For example, if you have 10,000 followers or less and you want to be considered for the program, then you’ll need to post at least five times a week. If your follower count is between 10k and 100k then it’s recommended that you post at least once every two days; if it’s 100k-1M that number drops down to three times per day; and finally if your following is over 1M then four posts a day will do the trick!
Be a verified user on social media
Verification is a way to confirm that you are who you say you are. It's done by a third party, such as Facebook or Twitter, through which they verify your identity and check your profile. Verification is important for credibility and building trust with your audience. The Amazon Influencer Program doesn't require verification, but it will be helpful if you have it!
How Much Can Amazon Influencers Earn?
If you're interested in making extra cash, the Amazon Influencer Program is a great way to do it. You don't have to be an expert or have any kind of experience with a particular subject. You can be an influencer in your niche – no matter how small it might be!
If you are looking for ways to make money, this program will help you get started quickly. As an added bonus, as long as you follow their rules and guidelines (which are pretty easy), Amazon will give you access to free products that can be used for yourself or gifted to family and friends!
As far as how much you can earn is concerned, it depends on how many followers you have, how many sales you make, and how much money each sale is worth.
If you’re just starting out with your Amazon Influencer career and don’t have a lot of followers yet, it might take a while to see substantial results from your efforts. However, if things really take off for you and are able to sell a lot of products every day or even every month, then the amount of money an Amazon Influencer can earn will increase dramatically.
A good example would be someone like Amanda Abella who has over 700k followers on Instagram! She makes about around $5400 per month by posting sponsored posts on her account.
To be successful, and earn a decent income you need a few things first:
- You need a large audience. If you have a great profile, but no one’s watching your videos or reading your blog posts and articles, then it doesn't matter how well you write or record.
- You need a great profile. If you're an Amazon Influencer with zero followers on social media channels, then there's no way that buyers will be able to find out about the products that are being recommended by influencers like yourself!
- You need both: An engaged audience AND a strong profile (with lots of followers)
- You need to be original and creative. Your ideas should be unique, and you should work hard to create marketing strategies that will help your followers find you.
- You need to have a good product. If you don't offer something that people want, there's no point in trying to sell it. If people like what you're selling, they will buy from you again – and tell others about it too!
- You need your reputation intact so customers can trust what they are buying from you (and not from someone else).
While it all depends on how much you’re willing to spend and how many followers you have, it is possible for an Amazon influencer to make some serious money. However, this doesn’t mean that everyone can get rich off of their Amazon account – it takes skill, patience, and dedication. If you’re looking for a way to earn more money through your passion, then we highly recommend getting started right away!
How Do You Create an Amazon Influencer Store?
If you have an online presence and want to start making money by recommending products on Amazon, creating your own Influencer store is a great place to start. Here’s how to do it:
1. Log into your Amazon account and click the Amazon Influencer Program link on the top right corner. You will be redirected to the Amazon Influencer Program page, where you can create a store by clicking “Create Store”.
2. Select your social media channels, and indicate how you plan to share links to products. If you don’t have any social media channels, you can still join the program by checking “I don’t have a social media presence” and clicking the blue “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
3. Select your niche category and create your store name. Click “Create Store” to continue. Here you can choose the category that best suits your products: Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, Food & Cooking, etc. You will also be asked to choose a name for your store and enter some keywords that you want customers to search for when they are interested in purchasing items from your product lines (for example “baking” or “cake”). This helps ensure that you appear on relevant searches by people browsing Amazon who may want something similar to what's being sold in Influencer Stores.
Once this information has been entered into the form, click on “Create Store” at the bottom of the page, and voila! You've created an influencer store on Amazon!
4. You will be redirected to your account settings page where you can change your name and upload a profile photo. Click the “Save Profile Photo” button when you are done making changes.
5. Your Amazon Influencer store is now live! The last step is to create a custom URL so that you can easily share your store with others or add it as a link on your blog or other online profiles. Click “Get Your Custom URL Now” and follow the instructions provided by Amazon for creating a custom URL for your Influencer store
Once you've purchased an influencer store and created a custom URL, you're ready to get started! Just like any other Amazon product listing and review page, there are multiple ways that an influencer can use their new storefront to promote their products – and engage with customers who come across their content in search results.
The most common way influencers use their stores is by creating rich product descriptions that include images from the product's packaging and/or creative photos of themselves wearing it (if applicable). This gives buyers a better sense of what they'll actually be getting when purchasing from an influencer's store – it helps them visualize how something will fit into their own wardrobe before making the purchase decision.
How Can You Promote Your Amazon Influencer Store?
If you've built an Amazon Influencer Store, one of the most important things you'll need to do is promote it.
Use your blog
Your blog is a great way to promote your Amazon influencer store. Whether you’re writing about your favorite products, sharing giveaways, or providing healthy tips and tricks for living a better life – your blog is an excellent place to tell the world about what you do. And if you’re looking for more traffic, consider adding an affiliate link in each post that directs readers back to their Amazon store.
Get involved on social media
Social media is a great way to reach a large audience. It's also the perfect place to find an influencer who can help you promote your products and build your brand.
Social media influencers are people with large followings on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. They can help you promote your products in exchange for free stuff (money) or because they genuinely love what you're selling (or both).
They'll help spread awareness about the products by posting about them on their personal profiles, which will hopefully result in more sales for you!
Use email marketing
Email marketing is a great way to connect with your audience, build trust, and promote your products. When you're an influencer on Amazon and have an exclusive store for selling your products, it's a good idea to email your subscribers about promotions or new products that they can buy.
Here are some tips for using email marketing:
- Collect the right information from customers. Before you start sending out emails, make sure that you have the right contact information for each customer so they can respond once they receive an email from you.
- Offer incentives to get people onto your list. If someone signs up for your list but doesn't purchase anything from you within a short amount of time (about three weeks), then remove them from the list because they're not interested in what it has to offer – or at least not enough yet!
Tap into Instagram influencers
When it comes to promoting your Influencer Store, you should look into using Instagram influencers. This is because Instagram has over 1 billion users and the most popular accounts get millions of followers. In addition, with Influencers, you can tap into a new audience that may not be familiar with your brand yet and help them discover what makes your products special.
You should also consider using hashtags in your posts to connect with others who share similar interests or follow similar people as you do on Instagram. If someone searches for one of these hashtags, they might see your post and become interested in purchasing an item from your Influencer Store!
Use YouTube videos and vlogs
YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google and a great place to promote your Amazon Influencer Store. YouTube is also a great way to connect with your audience, build trust and grow your brand.
YouTube influencers can use video content to promote their Amazon Influencer Stores by:
- Creating a video where they showcase the products they sell on Amazon Influencers, as well as how people can purchase them.
- Showcasing how much money they make through Amazon Influencers by sharing screenshots of their earnings reports or showing images of checks that have been sent in the mail (these are examples only). This will help inspire people who are looking for ways to make money online but don’t want to invest in an expensive course or product line up front.
There’s no doubt about it: promoting your Amazon Influencer store can be a challenge. But if you follow these tips and use them strategically to reach your target audience, then you’ll be on your way toward building a successful business that will provide value to others in their lives as well as yours.
The Key Differences Between Amazon Influencers and Amazon Affiliates
While both types of business models share some similarities, they're also very different – and understanding those differences can help you decide if this type of work is right for you!
Amazon affiliates – or simply “affiliates” – are a form of affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing allows you to make money by promoting other people’s products. In this case, the person or company selling the product is Amazon, and you promote their products in exchange for a percentage of any sales that were generated by your promotion.
You may have heard of influencers before. They are individuals who promote brands on social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube. While there are some similarities between influencers and affiliates (they both want to sell the same product), they aren't exactly the same thing either!
The Amazon affiliate program is meant for bloggers and influencers who want to monetize their content. The program allows you to earn money by hosting ads, links, or sponsored products on your site. If you’re a company owner and have created an audience instead of simply using the platform as a customer, then this might be a great way to promote your products. However, if you are just starting out with blogging or social media marketing and don't have much of an audience yet (or if you're not interested in building one), then it may not be worth your time or effort at all!
It doesn't matter if your site is brand new or established. Amazon cares about the content on your site, the audience you’re targeting, and whether or not that audience can benefit from what Amazon has to offer. If you don’t have an audience for them to market to, then there really isn’t much point in having an affiliate account with them.
It isn't easy to make money with the Amazon affiliate program. First and foremost, you need a good product (or several) to promote. You also have to have a website that's ready for traffic, which means checking your SEO and making sure that your site loads quickly. You'll also need some way of getting people there – whether it's via blogging, social media, or another method entirely. And once they get there? Well, it helps if they're prepared to buy!
In order for any of this to work out in your favor, you'll need to know how much effort it takes before signing on as an Amazon affiliate so that when things go south (which happens often), you're not too disappointed about how much time/money was wasted on something that wasn't worth investing in at all
Is The Amazon Influencers Program Right For You?
For most people, Amazon Influencers is not going to be the right thing. However, if you have a website or social media account that can drive shopping behavior on Amazon, then this program might be for you. If that's the case, give it some thought before signing up.