An Amazon bestseller list shows the products that are the most popular and the most frequently purchased within a product category.
What is an Amazon bestseller list?
A bestseller list is an automated list that is generated from a specific Amazon product category. Thit means that the list only the most popular and the most frequently purchased products.
By default, 10 products are displayed in the list but you can also limit the number of products. For example, you can simply display the top 3 or top 5 products from a category.
If you limit the products in the list, e.g. to the top 3, these are the benefits:
- A concise overview (shorter list).
- A higher click rate.
- Helping visitors to make a buying decision.
In addition, you can expand a bestseller list with various attributes. For example, turn a filter on to only show the products currently on offer or discounted.
An Amazon bestseller list is not restricted to posts or pages. If you use the Amazon bestseller list widget, you can incorporate the bestseller list into the sidebar of a blog.
An example of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is an example of the top 3 laptops on Amazon:
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 Hours Battery Life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum Power Supply Wattage 65 W
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (Up to 3.9GHz) | 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 Inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics 620
- 1 - USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- 802.11ac WiFi | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | Up to 9.5 Hours Battery Life
- 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Fast SSD Storage
- 8GB memory
- Two USB 3 ports
Last update on 2019-12-15 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Your benefits of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is a brief overview of the benefits:
- Very effective for conversions.
- The number of products can be limited (e.g. to the top 3 or top 5).
- The list can be generated by using any search term (keyword).
- Products can be filtered (e.g. according to offers).
- You can create your own templates.
- Widgets are available.
Create an Amazon bestseller list in just 3 steps
How to create a bestseller list in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Select the search term, e.g. “laptops”.
- Step 2: Insert the search term into the shortcode.
- Step 3: If necessary, specify the number of products.