An Amazon bestseller list shows the products that are the most popular and the most frequently purchased within a product category.
What is an Amazon bestseller list?
A bestseller list is an automated list that is generated from a specific Amazon product category. Thit means that the list only the most popular and the most frequently purchased products.
By default, 10 products are displayed in the list but you can also limit the number of products. For example, you can simply display the top 3 or top 5 products from a category.
If you limit the products in the list, e.g. to the top 3, these are the benefits:
- A concise overview (shorter list).
- A higher click rate.
- Helping visitors to make a buying decision.
In addition, you can expand a bestseller list with various attributes. For example, turn a filter on to only show the products currently on offer or discounted.
An Amazon bestseller list is not restricted to posts or pages. If you use the Amazon bestseller list widget, you can incorporate the bestseller list into the sidebar of a blog.
An example of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is an example of the top 3 laptops on Amazon:
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 Hours Battery Life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum Power Supply Wattage 65 W
- BIOS Recovery and Protection: Automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from bootup issues
- Fast boot up with SSD: Boot up in seconds, transfer files without waiting hours, and enjoy a speedy experience with the internal solid-state drive
- Design and style with performance to match: Stay connected and productive with long-lasting battery life and a thin and portable, micro-edge bezel design
- Environmental responsibility: Low halogen, mercury-free display backlights, arsenic-free display glass in this ENERGY STAR(R) certified, EPEAT(R) Silver registered laptop
- Fast processor: 10th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1, Quad-Core, 1.0 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Intel i3-8145U, dual-core, four-way; 8GB ddr4 system memory; 128GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e);
- 15. 6" touch screen, 1366 x 768 HD resolution, LED backlight; Intel UHD Graphics 620; MaxxAudio;
- Weighs 4. 41 lbs. and measures 0. 8" thin; 3-cell lithium-ion battery;
- HDMI output; Built-in media reader supports SD memory card formats; Wireless-AC; Built-in HD webcam with microphone; Windows 10 Home in S Mode;
- 30-days trial of Microsoft Office; Headphone/microphone combo jack; Note: This laptop does not include a built-in DVD/CD drive.
Last update on 2020-06-02 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Your benefits of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is a brief overview of the benefits:
- Very effective for conversions.
- The number of products can be limited (e.g. to the top 3 or top 5).
- The list can be generated by using any search term (keyword).
- Products can be filtered (e.g. according to offers).
- You can create your own templates.
- Widgets are available.
Create an Amazon bestseller list in just 3 steps
How to create a bestseller list in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Select the search term, e.g. “laptops”.
- Step 2: Insert the search term into the shortcode.
- Step 3: If necessary, specify the number of products.