An Amazon bestseller list shows the products that are the most popular and the most frequently purchased within a product category.
What is an Amazon bestseller list?
A bestseller list is an automated list that is generated from a specific Amazon product category. Thit means that the list only the most popular and the most frequently purchased products.
By default, 10 products are displayed in the list but you can also limit the number of products. For example, you can simply display the top 3 or top 5 products from a category.
If you limit the products in the list, e.g. to the top 3, these are the benefits:
- A concise overview (shorter list).
- A higher click rate.
- Helping visitors to make a buying decision.
In addition, you can expand a bestseller list with various attributes. For example, turn a filter on to only show the products currently on offer or discounted.
An Amazon bestseller list is not restricted to posts or pages. If you use the Amazon bestseller list widget, you can incorporate the bestseller list into the sidebar of a blog.
An example of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is an example of the top 3 laptops on Amazon:
- AMD A9-9425 Dual Core accelerated processor 3.1 GHz (up to 3.7 GHz) ; AMD Radeon R5
- 4GB DDR4 RAM; 128GB SSD; DVD-RW
- 15.6" 1366 x 768 HD display & Energy-efficient LED backlight
- 1 x HDMI, 10/100 Ethernet, 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x Combo Headphone/Mic Jack
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit; 2-cell lithium ion Battery; Dimensions: (W x D x H)14.80" x 10.00" x 0.90"; Weight: 4.63 lbs ; 0.9" Thin
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8130U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD & 8x DVD
- Up to 13.5-Hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
- 15.6" 1366 x 768 HD resolution LED backlight display. Intel HD Graphics 400
- Intel Celeron Processor N3060 @ 1.60GHz (2 Core, 2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
- 4GB LPDDR3, 16GB eMMC, No Optical Drive
- 802.11ac; Bluetooth 4.1; 2 USB 3.0, HDMI
- Google Chrome OS, 3-cell Battery
Last update on 2019-06-20 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Your benefits of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is a brief overview of the benefits:
- Very effective for conversions.
- The number of products can be limited (e.g. to the top 3 or top 5).
- The list can be generated by using any search term (keyword).
- Products can be filtered (e.g. according to offers).
- You can create your own templates.
- Widgets are available.
Create an Amazon bestseller list in just 3 steps
How to create a bestseller list in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Select the search term, e.g. “laptops”.
- Step 2: Insert the search term into the shortcode.
- Step 3: If necessary, specify the number of products.