An Amazon bestseller list shows the products that are the most popular and the most frequently purchased within a product category.
What is an Amazon bestseller list?
A bestseller list is an automated list that is generated from a specific Amazon product category. Thit means that the list only the most popular and the most frequently purchased products.
By default, 10 products are displayed in the list but you can also limit the number of products. For example, you can simply display the top 3 or top 5 products from a category.
If you limit the products in the list, e.g. to the top 3, these are the benefits:
- A concise overview (shorter list).
- A higher click rate.
- Helping visitors to make a buying decision.
In addition, you can expand a bestseller list with various attributes. For example, turn a filter on to only show the products currently on offer or discounted.
An Amazon bestseller list is not restricted to posts or pages. If you use the Amazon bestseller list widget, you can incorporate the bestseller list into the sidebar of a blog.
An example of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is an example of the top 3 laptops on Amazon:
- 【Dell Inspiron Laptop】16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 256GB PCIe NVME M.2 Solid State Drive for ample storage space.
- 【Processor】Intel Pentium Silver N5030 Processor (4 Core, 4 Threads, 4MB Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
- 【Display 】15.6-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display, Intel UHD Graphics with Shared Graphics Memory
- 【Tech Specs】802.11ac 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth, 1 x SD Card Reader, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x Wedge-shaped lock slot, 1 x Power, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x RJ-45, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x Headphone & Microphone Audio Jack, Win10 Home
- 【Included in the package】Mousepad from PConline365
- Do more of what you love. Allday long. Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 15-inch laptop combines long lasting battery life with a sleek and portable, micro-edge bezel design.
- Processor: Intel Pentium Gold 6405U Dual-core Processor, Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 605 integrated
- Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) Internal storage: 128 GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD; Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo; Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN; No Optical drive
- Display: 15.6-inch diagonal HD, SVA, BrightView, micro-edge, WLED-backlit Non-touch Display; Camera: HP TrueVision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphones; 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo; Dual speakers; 1 multi-format SD media card reader; Full size non-backlit keyboard
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home in S mode; 3-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion battery; Battery life: Up to 10 hours and 45 minutes (video playback) Up to 9 hours (wireless streaming); Product weight: 3.93 lb
- PROCESSOR: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 Processor, Dual-Core, 1.1 GHz base frequency, up to 2.6 GHz burst frequency
- DISPLAY: 11.6-inch diagonal HD AntiGlare WLED-backlit display (1366 x 768); 73% screen to body ratio
- MEMORY: 4 GB RAM； STORAGE: 64 GB eMMC
- STUDY, STREAM, SHARE: Between home, school and work, you need a PC that won't quit. Post, play and stay productive all day with the affordable and portable HP Stream 11
- Intel UHD Graphics, Stereo speakers, Webcam, HDMI, Micro SD card reader, WiFi 5, USB-C, USB 3.1
Last update on 2021-04-19 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
Your benefits of an Amazon bestseller list
Here is a brief overview of the benefits:
- Very effective for conversions.
- The number of products can be limited (e.g. to the top 3 or top 5).
- The list can be generated by using any search term (keyword).
- Products can be filtered (e.g. according to offers).
- You can create your own templates.
- Widgets are available.
Create an Amazon bestseller list in just 3 steps
How to create a bestseller list in 3 steps:
- Step 1: Select the search term, e.g. “laptops”.
- Step 2: Insert the search term into the shortcode.
- Step 3: If necessary, specify the number of products.