Table of Contents
Looking for a WordPress affiliate plugin to help you drive more sales or increase your earnings from affiliate marketing? You’ve come to the right place.
In this post, we’ve done the research & narrowed it down to the best WordPress affiliate plugins for you.
1. AAWP — The Best WordPress Plugin For Amazon Affiliates
If you need a WordPress plugin that’s designed primarily with Amazon Affiliates in mind, the best plugin in 2022 is AAWP.
AAWP lets you promote all Amazon products on your site, boosting commissions and revenue, and doesn’t require you to have any technical knowledge.
It comes with versatile templates and shortcodes, allowing you to use it with any theme you want. It also updates product information using Amazon’s Product Advertising API, which means you only present accurate information on your platform.
There are a host of other features that are designed to increase sales, such as New Release lists to attract visitor attention, a slew of widgets, and a host of ready templates.
AAWP also offers support for “Event Tracking” if you’re using Google Analytics, Matomo, or Google Tag Manager. You can even place customizable text links within the running text using shortcodes!
AAWP starts from €49 for the Personal package and goes all the way up to €399 for the Ultimate package, offering 1 year of updates and support with each package.
- Highly responsive
- Supports WordPress hooks and PHP templating
- Built-in template engine to create custom templates
- Translations available for English, German, Spanish, Italian, and French.
- Option to automatically create bestseller lists
- Option to create aesthetically pleasing product boxes
2. AdvancedAds— The Best Ad Management Plugin for WordPress
AdvancedAds is an ad management plugin that you can use to display ads on your affiliate sites. You can easily customize ad banners and select where you’d like to display them with this plugin.
If you want to double down on your online advertising, AdvancedAds is the way to go. It can even help you sell advertising space on your site, allowing you to host these ads locally.
Or, you can work with an ad network, and let them show relevant ads on your site. It gives you detailed tracking and reporting options, and you can even lazy load ads on your site.
Pricing starts from €49/yr for a Pro license. If you want lifetime access, it’ll cost you €129.
- Lots of add-ons available, such as ad-block detectors
- Connect your Google AdSense account
- Ad scheduling
- Lets you self-host ads on your WP site
- Maximum flexibility when customizing ads on your site
3. AffiliateWP — The Best WordPress Plugin for Creating Affiliate Programs
AffiliateWP is an incredibly powerful WordPress affiliate plugin that you can use to create your own affiliate program. It’s very easy to set up – just activate the plugin after installation, and you’re good to go.
AffiliateWP also tracks affiliate referrals, offering real-time reports about earnings, affiliate registrations, visits, and conversions. You can even pay your affiliates directly using the integrated Payouts Service.
The thing that sets AffiliateWP apart from the competition is its easy affiliate management system, which lets you view your top earning affiliates and channels, and gauge performance.
Every affiliate can also track their performance through a custom dashboard, which lets them access their own referral ID, and view information such as cookie duration.
This one’s a bit costly, starting from $119.60/yr, and going all the way up to $239.60/yr. But, you also get a bunch of Pro add-ons, and the ability to use it on multiple sites.
- Default affiliate registration form is available
- WP-friendly shortcodes
- Easy referral link generator
- Payouts management from within the dashboard
- Tons of creatives for promotions
4. Pretty Links — The Best WP Plugin for Managing Affiliate Links
Pretty Links is a nifty WordPress plugin that lets you quickly add affiliate links in posts using an intelligent engine. It lets you auto-link to specific keywords, saving precious time and lots of effort.
Instead of having to search through each page on your site to find relevant opportunities to add affiliate links, Pretty Links does all the legwork for you, allowing you to manage all your links through a streamlined dashboard.
Pretty Links lets you view how each link is performing, manage URL redirects, and even lets you create a brandable bar that you can attach to each affiliate link. Each link can also serve as a tracking pixel to check email opens or to track conversions.
The Beginner package starts from $79/yr, with the most expensive one costing $149/yr, but allowing you a license for up to 5 WordPress sites.
- Automatically adds affiliate links to specified keywords
- Lets you export existing links (export script or .htaccess file preferred)
- Also adds relevant attributes to affiliate links
- Auto rotating links
- A/B testing
5. WP Affiliate Manager — The Best Free WordPress Affiliate Plugin
If you’re not willing to shell out money just yet, WP Affiliate Manager has a free version that’s filled with excellent features.
WP Affiliate Manager is similar to AffiliateWP, but the reason why it deserves a special mention is that you can use it for free. WP Affiliate Manager integrates seamlessly with several popular eCommerce solutions, including:
- Easy Digital Downloads
- WP eCommerce
- Stripe Payments
- Gravity Forms
- Simple Membership
… and many more.
The free version is simple, yet practical. It’s ideal for basic affiliate recruitment, registration, and marketing. It even supports real-time reporting, the ability to set payout rates, and the option to pay affiliates using PayPal.
Apart from the free version, there’s also a $39 single site license (one-time payment). For developers, a costlier $97 is available, which also lets you use the plugin on multiple sites.
- Lots of creatives ads
- Form customization options for registering new affiliates
- Coupon tracking
- Referral link generator
- Email customization options
6. Easy Affiliate — The Best Affiliate Plugin for Creating Self-Hosted Affiliate Programs
Formerly known as Affiliate Royale, Easy Affiliate is a fantastic WordPress affiliate plugin if you need to create a self-hosted affiliate program. It’s very similar to AffiliateWP but offers more integrations and add-ons to flesh out your referral marketing campaign.
Easy Affiliate gives you a customizable affiliate dashboard to manage your program. Each affiliate also gets its own dashboards, with access to metrics, creative assets, and relevant account activity.
Easy Affiliate also shows real-time reports and has built-in fraud detection, flagging suspicious affiliate activity right away. You can also set discrete commission levels using Commission Override Rules for greater control over your affiliate program.
The Basic plan starts from $99.50/yr, which is ideal for starting a small affiliate program. However, if you want more features and control, the Plus ($149.50/yr) or the Pro ($199.50/yr) might be a good option.
- Adblock detection built-in
- Tons of integrations and add-ons
- One-click payouts via PayPal
- No transaction or monthly fees
- Full creative control over the program
7. Post Affiliate Pro — The Best WordPress Affiliate Plugin for Granular Tracking
Post Affiliate Pro was originally launched in 2004. What started off as a simple script to track affiliate marketing links eventually blossomed into full-scale affiliate marketing software.
If you want to keep track of affiliate partner performance, leads, conversion rates, and engagements, this is a great plugin to use. It lets you assign commissions depending on conversion rates, issue payouts through a central dashboard, and has a standalone campaign manager too.
More importantly, Post Affiliate Pro offers more than 200 integrations, so it’ll seamlessly connect with any CMS or payment gateway that you want.
Pricing starts from $129/mo, but goes all the way to $599/mo if you want more features.
- Fraud protection
- Custom onboarding and demo calls
- Tracking methods include HTML 5 cookie tracking, IP address tracking, and browser cookie tracking
- Integrations with more than 125 plugins
- Multilingual support
8. YITH WooCommerce Affiliates — The Best Affiliate Plugin for Small WooCommerce Stores
WooCommerce Affiliates by YITH is an excellent WooCommerce plugin that integrates seamlessly with any eCommerce store. It’s got all the bells and whistles that you’d expect, from an affiliate panel, simple registration forms, and more.
If you’re looking for a free affiliate plugin that you can use to quickly set up an affiliate program, you can’t go wrong with this one.
There is also a premium version available, which gives you more features including social sharing options and coupon creation.
WooCommerce Affiliates by YITH retails for a flat fee of $139.99/yr. There’s also a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fairly decent free version
- Influencer collaboration option
- Define sales commissions
- Tracking module for reporting visitors, conversions, and commissions
- In-built payout system
Affiliate marketers often look for viable solutions to cloak their affiliate links. One handy solution is ThirstyAffiliates. If you need a viable solution for managing affiliate links, this is an excellent choice.
It lets you auto-link keywords, cloak links, check for 404 errors and even create geolocation links for regional targeting. Integration with Google Analytics is also available for event tracking.
ThirstyAffiliates is free to use, though premium options are available that allow you to use it on multiple sites and include more features such as Amazon API importing.
Apart from the free plugin, there are three add-ons available, costing: $49 for the Basic, $99 for the Plus, and $149 for the Advanced. These are all one-time payments.
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- Geographic redirects
- Automatic linking on keywords
- CSV import/export option
Ambassador is a popular affiliate marketing solution that now also offers referral marketing, influencer marketing, and partner marketing solutions too.
If you want to turn satisfied customers into brand ambassadors, this is a great choice. It lets you quickly create new campaigns, bring on ambassadors, integrate with existing workflows, and maximize your earnings.
There’s support available for multiple languages as well, and you even get a dedicated onboarding specialist. It’s also an ideal choice for agencies since it supports white-labeling.
The price, unfortunately, is not mentioned. You must book a demo to determine the pricing based on your requirements.
- Omni-channel marketing software
- Integrates conveniently into your current tech stack
- Dedicated customer onboarding and support
- A range of simple templates
How To Choose The Best WordPress Affiliate Plugin
There are a number of factors that you need to consider when selecting a WordPress affiliate plugin. Here are a few:
- Pricing: This is a major concern. You’d want to know whether it’s a monthly recurring fee or a one-time payment.
- Features: Does the plugin allow you to cloak links? Does it offer a built-in affiliate management system?
- Reporting: The WordPress affiliate plugin should have comprehensive reporting and tracking features to help you determine affiliate performance.
- Support: Does the company offer 24/7 support? Is it available via email, chat, or call?
- Integration: How easy is it for a user to integrate the plugin into their existing stack? Does it offer integrations for use with other apps?
- Updates: Does the company release new updates regularly?
How Do You Choose The Best Free Affiliate Plugin For WordPress?
There is no “one-size-fits-all” solution when looking at different affiliate plugins for WordPress. However, we’re confident that you’ll be able to use the AAWP plugin to drive significantly more affiliate traffic to your site, helping to increase your revenue as a result.
The range of templates and automation tools make it very simple and easy to incorporate into any WordPress site seamlessly, knowing that the data will always be up to date, reliable, and showcasing the best choice of products to your visitors.
Now that you know all the very best affiliate plugins for WordPress – the next question is to get your affiliate marketing plan up to scratch. You can begin by reading our ultimate guide to affiliate marketing for beginners and find out more about getting your account with Amazon set up with our guide on becoming an Amazon Affiliate in 3 easy steps.
If you’re already familiar with affiliate marketing, here’s our guide on finding & taking advantage of opportunities to drive more affiliate revenue with these 5 ways to increase your affiliate marketing revenue.
What’s your favorite affiliate marketing plugin? Do you have any good affiliate marketing tips to share? Join in the conversation by leaving a comment below! 💬