Here you can find a short tutorial for starting with the Amazon Affiliate WordPress plugin. Please be aware that this is not a complete documentation. You will find more information about the settings and all functions on the documentation pages.
1. Step: Install plugin
After finishing your purchase you received an email including the download link and your personal license key.
Please download the plugin, login to your WordPress dashboard and install the plugin via the “upload plugin” functionality. Afterwards activate the Amazon Affiliate WordPress Plugin.
Tip: In case you need more detailed information about the installation, please take a look into the documentation.
2. Step: Amazon Product Advertising API
- Signup for using the Amazon Product Advertising API
- Create your API credentials
- Back inside your WordPress dashboard, go to the plugin settings (left menu, located at the bottom, named “Amazon Affiliate”)
- Enter your previously created access keys, select the country and add your tracking id
- After saving your input, the plugin connects with the Amazon API and returns “connected” (or any other status if not)
Tip: The documentation contains more detailed information about the Amazon API.
3. Step: Using shortcodes for displaying products
Single (or multiple) products and lists will be placed by using shortcodes inside the WordPress editor.
Therefore the article number (ASIN) or ISBN (for books) right from the Amazon page. The numbers can be found on the product details or inside the URL.
Create a new, or edit an existing post/page and use one of the following shortcodes:
Displaying a text link, using the original product title from Amazon.
Displaying a text link, using your own product title.
Displaying a single product box.
Displaying multiple previously defined product boxes among each other.
Displaying an automatic generated top 3 bestseller lists of the specified product group.